I LOVE being a mom. I think it is one of the greatest things I have ever done in my life. Lincoln has been such a joy in my life. I can't believe how sad I was when I first found out I was having a boy..
(I REALLY wanted a girl).
I have finally found the one thing I hate about being a mom.
Sick baby. :(
I woke up at 1 am to Lincoln crying. I thought to myself "He'll go back to sleep. Just give him a min." Well he didn't! So I went in to give him his binkie so he would fall back to sleep.. His room has a night light but it is very dim.. only light enough to find the binkie and stick it in his mouth. He quit crying, I went back to bed. 10 minutes later he was crying again. I thought "Great.. this is going to be a long night." I was right. I went in and gave him his binkie again and he started gagging. That is not normal. All of the sudden I see him "spitting up". No not spit up, THROW UP. YUCK! So I turned on a lamp and realized he was laying in it. I felt so so so bad. That must've been what woke him up 10 min ago. I felt awful. So I pulled him out of bed, took off his jammies, wiped him down just to have him throw up again. On the carpet this time. Lovely!
We finally got him cleaned up, the crib cleaned up and the floor cleaned up. It was about 230 when I finally got him back to bed. He woke up twice more during the night to be sick.
I hate seeing him feeling bad. I went back to bed crying. I took the day off work and spent all day snuggling and loving my little man.
He is feeling quite a bit better I think. Keeping down the liquids so that is good news. I hope he gets better fast and then doesn't get sick EVER again.
I know.. Wishful Thinking.
oh sad :( do you know what he might of had? I agree with you, I also wish all the time that my baby will never get sick again. It'd be so nice. The heartbreak is hard. Love being a mom :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to take the day off to love him!!! It is hard to see them sick and don't worry, we've woken up to find the kids laying in vomit too.
ReplyDeleteJust give them as many snuggles as possible.